+955% leads for health insurance provider
Holistic approach drives +544% in page 1 rankings
Vitality is one of the UK’s leading insurance and investments providers. Everything they do is driven by their Shared Value model, a unique approach based on the scientifically proven principles of behavioural economics.
Through this model, Vitality helps members take a more active role in managing their own wellness, encouraging them to develop healthy long term habits that are good for them, good for the company and good for society.
Vitality is a well known brand in the health insurance space, but they were aiming to improve their organic rankings for highly competitive generic terms. Google interprets customer search intent as both seeking information and to buy health insurance, leaving limited space to rank within the results pages; organic competitors included aggregators and publications restricting the search landscape for brands.
In January 2020 their organic visibility was hit by the Google broad core algorithm update; high value product-related keywords dropped below page one plus they experienced some cannibalization across their wider keyword set. In a highly competitive space, this meant they utilised paid channels to drive their marketing forward.
Vitality tasked Builtvisible with improving the organic visibility, traffic and, ultimately, lead volumes for their health insurance product, opening up further avenues for online growth.
Why we love this case study
- Vitality is a value driven enterprise, and we believe in their products and “Shared Value” model. We’re proud to offer Vitality Healthcare to all of our staff.
- Sometimes high-competition SERPs doesn’t present the opportunity to shoot for traditional “top 3” rankings. That’s where a forensic understanding of the landscape and client-agency alignment is crucial to understand what’s possible and how to maximise opportunities.
- In any regulated, high competition landscape, client collaboration is key. Vitality was truly bought into the organic vision, helping us to build relationships, prioritise resource and – ultimately – drive results alongside their internal teams
Comparing October ‘21 with March ’20 health insurance organic performance has gone from strength to strength, with all our organic KPIs improving dramatically:
- +955% health insurance leads generated, a 10-fold increase!
- Vitality’s share of search has increased by 774%, delivering 5.3k extra monthly visits to health insurance landing pages from non-brand organic queries.
- Vitality now holds 10% of the available market share, up from just 1%!
- 149% increase in the overall volume of health insurance rankings
- 544% increase in page 1 rankings
- 279% increase in top 3 rankings
- Average rank has increased from 22.5 to 17.1 across all ranking health insurance related keywords
- The hero keyword health insurance is the third brand listed in the SERPs, ranking page one on desktop and mobile.
Don't just take our word for it!
Builtvisible provided actionable recommendations to help us improve our SEO and hit our business KPIs, working collaboratively with several teams across the Vitality business to push these through.
Their team is knowledgeable and results-driven, and we’ve seen dramatic improvements in our health insurance organic performance since working with them.