Successful platform migration leads to 107% increase in organic traffic for multinational software company
International Site Migration
We were hired to assist Red Hat with a large scale international and multi-lingual site migration involving over 50 regionally targeted websites that covered 8 languages. Part of this migration also involved moving to a new Drupal platform and consolidating to a single domain at www.redhat.com.
With many so variables involved with a domain migration, our job was to mitigate the risk to organic traffic and visibility, whilst providing technical recommendations to further enhance Red Hat’s onsite optimisation.
As part of this campaign we provided a bespoke migration strategy split into 3 phases (pre, testing and post migration) including:
- Keyword research
- Site architecture & International SEO configuration
- Technical SEO review of the new Drupal platform
- Data collection & URL / category mapping
- Redirect mapping & testing
- UAT technical review & pre migration checks
- Organic traffic & content assessment
- Go-live support (traffic & rank monitoring, redirect validating, WMT configuration etc)
- Post migration log file analysis
- Migration reporting & retrospective analysis
Stability was maintained for priority keywords, whilst encouraging growth within organic search.
The project delivered an increase in the traffic generated via the 4 active languages:
- 107% increase in organic traffic from English search queries
- 54% increase in organic traffic from Japanese search queries
- 96% increase in organic traffic from German search queries
- 12% increase in organic traffic from Spanish search queries
We deliver organic SEO performance at a high ROI
Our technical experts are here to help