A few weeks ago I bought a 16gb Sandisk Micro USB drive, awesome for doing large installations from USB and carrying around heavy duty files. Though I found the drive itself to be excellent, I didn’t have any use for the installed “U3 Launchpad” application.
Formatting the drive didn’t remove the app, though eventually I discovered how to remove the U3 Launchpad software from my Sandisk USB drive.
Here’s how to remove Sandisk’s U3 Launchpad:
- Open the Launchpad menu, and click “Settings”. You need to select the “U3 Launchpad settings” option:
- Select the “Uninstall” option in the left hand navigation and click “Uninstall U3 Launchpad”
- Select the restore files option (unless you want to completely wipe the drive)
- Click “Next”
- The uninstaller begins the format process
- Your Sandisk will now be free of Launchpad
All done, and a remarkably easy process once you realise that the easiest way to remove this software is allow it to run…
Want to re-install U3? I can’t come up with a single reason why you’d want to do this but just in case, Sandisk’s site gives the following advice:
SanDisk’s U3 website features a U3 Launchpad Installer utility that you can use to re-install the U3 Launchpad on the Cruzer smart drive. (http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/DriverDownloads.aspx)