Senior Technical SEO Consultant
Salary: £48,000 - £58,000
Reporting to: Head of SEO OperationsClick to apply
London-based position with two-days mandatory at our London office along with flexible working opportunities.
Why does this role exist:
Our approach to being agents of change has earned us a reputation as one of the most effective and performant organic search resources on the planet. Our expanding technical team lives and breathes SEO; whether it be handling enterprise level migrations, delivering deep dive technical audits and pouring through log files or partnering with a brand looking to grow their international SEO, our experts handle it all.
By adding an additional Senior SEO Consultant to our SEO Team, we want to strengthen the team with someone who can take ownership of a part of technical SEO team; providing mentorship and coaching and being the highest level of technical escalation. A Senior SEO Consultant will take on a mix of hands on client work, and leadership; pioneering new approaches and helping the Head of SEO Operations to define the long-term vision for the SEO team at Builtvisible. They will work closely with their Consultants to provide strategic direction for the accounts within their team. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a technical environment, but who likes engaging with clients on both a verbal and written basis regularly.
Who are Builtvisible?
Builtvisible is the UK’s largest specialist SEO agency and has scaled consistently over the past 13 years through a value-led approach of doing the right things for the right reasons. We believe organic is a specialism, not an afterthought, and have driven extraordinary growth for some of the world’s most exciting brands through technical SEO, content, digital PR, and data. Whether people are here for the long haul or as a stopover to their next stage, our aim is to help everyone in our community to achieve the goals they need to get further. How? Responsibility from the get-go, ideas that are taken seriously, and a team of passionate, focused individuals who champion you every step of the way.
Your role will be to:
- You’ll take ownership of managing a part of the SEO team, being the highest level of technical escalation within the agency.
- Working with Performance Director and Head of SEO, proactively manage the performance of the accounts within your team and work with your clients to make strategic/tactical adjustments where required
- Be a driving force behind improving the agency’s technical offering to ensure we stay at the cutting-edge
- Contribute to sales by scoping new leads and attending pitches
- Flawlessly deliver work as per client requirements, adhering to internal and external deadlines and to the quality and scope required. Take primary ownership of an SEO product area – technical or on-page.
- Developing processes to increase efficiency and ensure consistency of output
- Owning the quality of deliverables in line with standards established by the Head of SEO
- Providing training to upskill junior members of the team
- Contribute regularly to the Builtvisible blog, create industry resources and speak at conferences when required
- Work closely with the Performance Director and Client Services team to surface opportunities to deliver best-in-class value and growth for our clients
- Proactively manage upsell opportunities for clients from beginning to end, including strategy, pitch and sign off on new projects
Skills we are looking for:
- Exceptional knowledge of SEO Tools such as Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Searchmetrics, SEMrush, Majestic and Ahrefs
- High level of competence using Analytics platforms including Google, Omniture and Adobe
- Exceptional levels of expertise in managing technical SEO for enterprise sites, including those using JS frameworks
- Flawless spelling and grammar skills, high level of proficiency with Excel and excellent verbal communication
- Prior experience working with and presenting to senior stakeholders, including C-suite
- 4-5 years’ experience of hands on technical SEO in an agency environment
- Proven track record of managing successful SEO campaigns and working with development teams to implement technical solutions
- Experience collaborating with teams from other channels to deliver exceptional results to clients
- Experience managing one or more direct reports
- A confident written and verbal communicator
- Self-motivated and tenacious. Able to work autonomously to positively impact both clients and the agency
- A strong mentor and coach who more junior members of the team can look up to
Your career at Builtvisible is more than just a job. You’ll be part of a close-knit team pulling together to deliver the most meaningful agency experience in the world.
What you’ll get
Your package and benefits
Your career at Builtvisible is more than just a job. It’s access to a community built around the idea of creating opportunity and being a part of something bigger than ourselves.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits designed to support your health and financial well-being as well as your career & personal development as well as a diverse and inclusive culture and supportive environment.
Health and Wellbeing
- 25 days annually with bank holiday additional to annual leave entitlement.
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Vitality healthcare. (Annual health check, reduced gym membership, free coffee, cinema tickets, Amazon Prime, and much more)
- As part of our dedication to supporting the well-being of our staff, we provide access to the Core Collective, a group of clinical psychologists
- Regular bespoke webinars on well-being covering topics such as perfectionism, stress management, and imposter syndrome
- An enhanced Maternity and Paternity package.
- An accumulating anniversary cash bonus up to £1,000.
- A discretionary profit share bonus every year.
- Life goal loans
- 5% Pension match
- Travel loans
Career & personal progression
- Full access to Career Architect: a unique digital marketing progression framework to help you take ownership of your career at Builtvisible and beyond. Read more here
- Internal training syllabus
- Dedicated training budgets
Builtvisible is committed to creating a diverse environment, all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.