Senior Copy Consultant (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £40,000- £50,000
Reporting to: Head of Content OperationsClick to apply
London-based position – minimum two days per week in the office – with flexible working opportunities available.
What to expect when you join the Content team at Builtvisible
You’ll join a team of brilliant people:
The content team (and agency) is full of bright, enthusiastic team players who each bring a unique perspective to the challenges our clients face. Our varied experience and insatiable curiosity provide fertile ground for innovation and learning.
The sky’s the limit for your own development.
You’ll continuously hone your craft as you work on a wide range of campaigns and client challenges. Your voice will be heard from day one and you’ll be given the opportunity to play a key role in scaling up our copywriting product offering and content planning and management processes.
You’ll produce and deliver mind-blowing work:
Our content team is responsible for delivering mind-blowing strategies, jaw-droppingly creative, and flawless copy campaigns. As a Senior Copy Consultant, you’ll work closely with the Copy and Content Strategy teams to expand upon and implement strategic content recommendations for a variety of brands. You’ll write, edit, and manage content with purpose, measuring and reporting back on performance with the help of our expert Data team.
You’ll immerse yourself in the inner workings of some of the world’s most exciting brands:
The way we work means that our clients have direct access to our experts (that’s you), so every day you’ll find yourself consulting with global brands, household names, and specialist partner agencies.
Produce and manage client campaigns:
- Demonstrate the ability to digest and articulate Content Strategy projects and clearly explain why a piece of content needs to be created
- Manage the production of copy and content for individual campaigns and ensure work delivered is of market-leading quality, on time, and to scope
- Set up and manage client-facing content production trackers, ensuring deadlines are met and work is delivered seamlessly
- Proactively develop processes to increase efficiency, aid innovation, and ensure consistency of output department-wide
- Execute and QA copy to a very high standard, adapting style and voice to match brand guidelines
- Act as copy lead on your accounts, keeping the client updated on the progress of copy projects on a weekly basis, managing any feedback, and working closely with account leads to keep projects on track
- Work with the internal client team and account leads to spot and develop opportunities for account and product growth, upselling copy product, but always with the client’s best interests at heart
- Set measurable objectives for your content work, regularly report on KPIs and copy results using a data dashboard, feeding insights back to the client and internal teams, and iterating and adapting copy strategy as a result
Support the content team and head up the copy team:
- Heading up the copy team, you will manage a small pod of two copywriters, supporting them with their day-to-day client work, helping to develop and train them where required, and leading team QA’ing
- Help the Content Strategists and Head of Sales to develop pitch materials for our copywriting and content management services, attending pitches where required
- Help team members across the agency improve their copywriting and content management skills by providing feedback, support, and training
What are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate would be capable of taking ownership and accountability for our team’s copywriting output and helping build out our product offering in this area
- Ideally, someone with experience managing junior content/copywriters – able to support them both with client work and the QA process, as well as with training, development, and career progression
Desired skills and experience
- 4+ years of proven copywriting and editing skills – particularly strong in QA’ing and signing off high-quality, client-ready content
- Confidence and experience in communicating with clients and external stakeholders
- Experience of hands-on strategic content production and management
- Knowledge of SEO – particularly SEO writing best practices – and content strategy
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and experience building out decks
Highly organised and an excellent multi-tasker
Nice to have:
- Experience of reporting on content performance
- Additional language skills
- Experience working with clients directly in an agency environment
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Skilled at Microsoft Excel
- Pitching/commercial experience
Please note we do not expect you to be able to tick every box. If you aren’t sure you have experience in one particular area (for example content strategy or SEO expertise) we’d encourage you to apply anyway. We are keen to hear from copywriting candidates of all career backgrounds.
What you’ll get
Your package and benefits
Your career at Builtvisible is more than just a job. It’s access to a community built around the idea of creating opportunity and being a part of something bigger than ourselves.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits designed to support your health and financial well-being as well as your career & personal development as well as a diverse and inclusive culture and supportive environment.
Health and Wellbeing
- 25 days annual with bank holiday additional to annual leave entitlement.
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Vitality healthcare. (Annual health check, reduced gym membership, free coffee, cinema tickets, Amazon Prime, and much more)
- As part of our dedication to supporting the well-being of our staff, we provide access to the Core Collective, a group of clinical psychologists
- Regular bespoke webinars on well-being covering topics such as perfectionism, stress management, and imposter syndrome
- An enhanced Maternity and Paternity package.
- An accumulating anniversary cash bonus up to £1,000.
- A discretionary profit share bonus every year.
- Life goal loans
- 5% Pension match
- Travel loans
Career & personal progression
- Full access to Career Architect: a unique digital marketing progression framework to help you take ownership of your career at Builtvisible and beyond. Read more here
- Internal training syllabus
- Dedicated training budgets
Builtvisible is committed to creating a diverse environment, all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Meet your team
We're a friendly bunch who love what we do. Check out our Instagram to see what we've been up to recently both in and out of the office, or check out our about page to get a sense of what we're all about!