Head of Technical SEO
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000
Reporting to: Chief Operating OfficerClick to apply
London-based position with mandatory London office days at two days per week, and flexible working opportunities.
What will you be doing?
This role is centred on technical mentorship, training, and innovation. As Head of SEO, you will lead the Technical SEO team at Builtvisible, working with a talented group of technical experts to cement the agency’s position as the most technically advanced agency in the industry.
Your role will be to further the agency’s technical capabilities alongside our Performance Director, Technical Director, and SEO team. Your aim will be to ensure our technical products are advanced within the market, and our technical team is mentored and trained to deliver them to the highest standard.
Leading on technical product development, your purpose will be to work directly with your team to build new, innovative, and transformative technical solutions.
Mentorship will be a core part of your role; you must work with your team to ensure that product evolution and development are commonplace, and that every member of your team is advancing their technical abilities at a pace that works for them.
Builtvisible is one of the UK’s largest, most trusted specialist organic digital marketing agencies, and has grown consistently over the past 12 years through a value-led approach of doing the right things for the right reasons.
We believe organic is a specialism, not an afterthought, and have over 10 years’ experience of driving extraordinary growth for some of the world’s most exciting brands through technical SEO, content, digital PR and data.
Fundamentally we are acutely aware that we are a people business. Understanding this simple fact informs everything we do, and is encapsulated by one simple idea:
We are here to deliver the most meaningful agency experience in the world.
Best-in-class agency services need best-in-class people, and we have a 12-year track record of hiring and developing not only incredible marketers, but incredible human beings.
Whether you’re here for the long-haul or as a stopover to your next stage, our aim is to help you achieve the goals you need to get further. How? Responsibility from the get-go, ideas that are taken seriously and a team of passionate, focused individuals who champion you every step of the way.
- Working closely with the SEO Team to develop industry-leading technical solutions.
- Build excellent relationships with your whole team, in particular your Senior Consultants as you work together to build the next iteration of technical excellence at Builtvisible.
- Lead and inspire a brilliant technical team; providing mentorship, training, and support.
- Mentor and support the team as they build upon their existing SEO expertise by providing 1-2-1 and team-wide training.
- Champion technical excellence, ensuring Builtvisible quality is delivered to clients across the board.
- Ensure work is delivered on time, and to scope.
- Work closely with our Resourcing Manager to ensure people have the right work for their skillset, and to match their ambitions.
- Empowering and motivating the team to create world-class marketing materials for Builtvisible, such as blog posts, guides, webinars, podcasts and more.
- Hiring the best technical talent, as the team continues its growth journey
- A proven track record of leading and motivating large teams within an agency environment
- Advanced technical SEO knowledge, with a proven track record of building highly performant technical strategies
- A clear vision of what technical excellence entails, and the ability to motivate others to be passionate about this vision
- Experience working with B2C and B2B brands across a variety of sectors at both a national and international level
- Familiarity with an array of CMS platforms i.e. Adobe Commerce (Magento), Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Oracle ATG, WordPress, etc
- Familiarity with JS frameworks (Angular, React, Vue), how to get the best out of them for SEO and can confidently identify and diagnose issues relating to crawling, indexing or rendering
- Familiarity with the process of end to end migration of a large-scale website
- Knowledge of Python, R or another programming language to assist in data manipulation and scale
- Knowledge of BigQuery / data warehousing for data retrieval and automation
- Industry speaker, trainer or mentor
- Proficiency in using log files and log analysers to identify SEO issues
What you’ll get
Your package and benefits
Your career at Builtvisible is more than just a job. It’s access to a community built around the idea of creating opportunity and being a part of something bigger than ourselves.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits designed to support your health and financial well-being as well as your career & personal development as well as a diverse and inclusive culture and supportive environment.
Health and Wellness
- 25 days annual with bank holiday additional to annual leave entitlement.
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Vitality healthcare. (Annual health check, reduced gym membership, free coffee, cinema tickets, amazon prime, and much more)
- As part of our dedication to supporting the wellbeing of our staff, we provide access to the Core Collective, a group of clinical psychologists
- Regular bespoke webinars on wellbeing covering topics such as perfectionism, stress management, and imposter syndrome
- An enhanced Maternity and Paternity package.
- An accumulating anniversary cash bonus up to £1,000.
- A discretionary profit share bonus every year.
- Life goal loans
- 5% Pension match
- Travel loans
Career & personal progression
A unique digital marketing progression framework to help you take ownership of your career at Builtvisible and beyond. Read more about Career Architect here
Internal training syllabus across all our specialisms
Dedicated training budgets
Builtvisible is committed to creating a diverse environment, all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Meet your team
We're a friendly bunch who love what we do. Check out our Instagram to see what we've been up to recently both in and out of the office, or check out our about page to get a sense of what we're all about!