Head of SEO Operations
Reporting to: Technical DirectorClick to apply
London based position, with flexible working opportunities available.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Head of SEO Operations to lead one of the most highly-regarded specialist SEO consulting teams in the world. With 11 years of industry-leading pedigree behind us, we have ambitious plans for the next few years, and this is a rare opportunity to join the company in a senior position.
The role has become available thanks to an internal re-org which sees the current Head of SEO moving up to a Technical Director position to own SEO product, innovation and tooling.
Taking ownership of our largest department and an enviable client portfolio, you will be responsible for driving the standards of excellence that form the bedrock of our offering, ensuring client satisfaction, retention and growth. Far from being happy with the status quo, you will relentlessly improve and expand our existing products, helping us maintain our position at the forefront of the SEO industry.
Mentorship will be a core part of your role; we are looking for someone with the skills and experience to coach and empower others on the SEO team to develop their careers at Builtvisible.
This role would be perfect for an established SEO leader looking to take the next step in their career. We want to hire someone as passionate about managing and motivating others as they are about SEO, someone with the ambition and drive to adopt, develop and evolve a truly world-beating team.
- Lead the direction of the technical SEO department, line managing the Senior SEO Consultants and supporting them as they manage the wider team.
- Work with Client Services and our Performance Director to ensure defined client strategies are being executed to specification and are having a demonstrative impact on our clients’ performance.
- Build relationships with senior client stakeholders to get buy-in for the SEO campaigns we are running, working closely with Client Services to secure renewals and pursue growth opportunities.
- Run the P&L for the SEO team, taking responsibility for hiring and resourcing decision making in line with business objectives.
- Work with the Resourcing Manager to resource the team effectively, ensuring the right people have the right work and we are playing to our strengths at all times.
- Build upon our existing SEO offering by supporting the team as they develop, test and document industry-leading SEO products.
- Continue to refine our existing product set, defining and documenting the relevant processes and upskilling the wider department.
- Work closely with the Content Strategy, Creative, Data and Digital PR teams to ensure alignment across our full-service offering.
- Take ownership of team training requirements, including the management of SEO tooling and training budgets.
- Orchestrate the team’s marketing output, hitting the cadence and quality targets defined by sales and marketing.
- Confidently provide business development and pitch assistance where required.
What are we looking for?
- Hands-on as well as strategic SEO expertise, and the ability to pivot between both approaches when required.
- A proven track record of managing, leading and motivating large teams, ideally within an agency environment.
- Clear experience of helping others develop both softer and more technical skills, and helping others grow into more senior roles.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- The ability to present clearly and persuasively to senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Meticulous attention to detail and the tenacity to see ideas through to fruition.
- High level of competence using Analytics platforms including Google and Adobe.
- Understanding of multi-channel marketing and how Builtvisible fits into the wider marketing mix.
- Prior public speaking experience and a willingness to represent the agency at conferences and on webinars.
- Advanced technical SEO knowledge, including usage of log files for SEO analysis and familiarity in working with popular JS frameworks such as Angular, React and Vue.js
Builtvisible is committed to creating a diverse environment, all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.