Head of Content Operations – (Maternity Cover)
Reporting to: Chief Operating OfficerClick to apply
London-based position with mandatory London office days at two days per week, and flexible working opportunities.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Head of Content Operations to lead one of the most highly regarded specialist Content consulting teams in the world. With 13 years of industry-leading pedigree behind us, we have ambitious plans for the next few years, and this is a rare opportunity to join the company in a senior position.
Taking ownership of our highest-growth department with a core product set of Content Strategy, Copy and Creative you will be responsible for driving the standards of excellence that form the bedrock of our offering, ensuring efficient delivery, team brilliance, and revenue growth. Far from being happy with the status quo, you will relentlessly improve and expand our existing products, helping us maintain our position at the forefront of the industry.
Mentorship will be a core part of your role; we are looking for someone with the skills and experience to coach and empower others on the Content team to develop their careers at Builtvisible.
This role would be perfect for an established leader looking to take the next step in their career. We want to hire someone as passionate about managing and motivating others as they are about Content, someone with the ambition and drive to adapt, develop and evolve a truly world-beating team.
- Lead the direction of the department, line managing the senior members of the team and supporting them as they manage the wider team.
- Work with your Senior Consultants and our Head of Client Services to ensure defined client strategies are being executed to specification and are having a demonstrative impact on our clients’ performance.
- Own the revenue targets for the team, taking responsibility for hiring, resourcing, and delivery decision-making in line with business objectives.
- Work with the Resourcing Manager to resource the team effectively, ensuring the right people have the right work and we are playing to our strengths at all times.
- Support the team to build upon our existing offering ensuring they have the time and structure they need to develop, test, and document industry-leading products.
- Continue to refine our existing product set, defining and documenting the relevant processes and upskilling the wider department.
- Work closely with the SEO, Data, and Digital PR teams to ensure alignment across our full-service offering.
- Take ownership of team training requirements, including the management of tooling and training budgets.
- Orchestrate the team’s marketing output, hitting the cadence and quality targets defined by sales and marketing.
- Confidently provide business development and pitch assistance where required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on as well as strategic Content Strategy expertise, and the ability to pivot between both approaches when required.
- A proven track record of managing, leading, and motivating large teams, ideally within an agency environment.
- Clear experience in helping others develop both softer and more technical skills, and helping others grow into more senior roles.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- The ability to present clearly and persuasively to senior stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the tenacity to see ideas through to fruition.
- Understanding of multi-channel marketing and how Builtvisible fits into the wider
Builtvisible is one of the UK’s largest, most trusted specialist organic digital marketing agencies, and has grown consistently over the past 12 years through a value-led approach of doing the right things for the right reasons.
We believe organic is a specialism, not an afterthought, and have over 10 years experience of driving extraordinary growth for some of the world’s most exciting brands through technical SEO, content, digital PR, and data.
Fundamentally we are acutely aware that we are a people business. Understanding this simple fact informs everything we do, and is encapsulated by one simple idea:
We are here to deliver the most meaningful agency experience in the world.
Best-in-class agency services need best-in-class people, and we have a 12-year track record of hiring and developing not only incredible marketers but incredible human beings.
Whether you’re here for the long haul or as a stopover to your next stage, our aim is to help you achieve the goals you need to get further. How? Responsibility from the get-go, ideas that are taken seriously, and a team of passionate, focused individuals who champion you every step of the way.
Your career at Builtvisible is more than just a job. It’s access to a community built around the idea of creating opportunity and being a part of something bigger than ourselves.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits designed to support your health and financial wellbeing as well as your career & personal development:
Health and Wellness
- 25 days annual with bank holiday additional to annual leave entitlement.
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Vitality healthcare. (Annual health check, reduced gym membership, free coffee, cinema tickets, Amazon Prime, and much more)
- As part of our dedication to supporting the well-being of our staff, we provide access to the Core Collective, a group of clinical psychologists
- Regular bespoke webinars on wellbeing covering topics such as perfectionism, stress management, and imposter syndrome
- An enhanced Maternity and Paternity package.
- An accumulating anniversary cash bonus up to £1,000.
- A discretionary profit share bonus every year.
- Life goal loans
- 5% Pension match
- Travel loans
Career & personal progression
- Career Architect: a unique digital marketing progression framework to help you take ownership of your career at Builtvisible and beyond. Read more here
- Internal training syllabus
- Dedicated training budgets
Builtvisible is committed to creating a diverse environment, all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.