Head of Client Services
Reporting to: Chief Commercial OfficerClick to apply
London-based position with mandatory London office days at two days per week, and flexible working opportunities.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Head of Client Services to lead a team that sits at the heart of our agency offering, the bridge between our people and our clients. With 12 years of industry-leading pedigree behind us, we have ambitious plans for the next few years and this is a rare opportunity to join the company in a senior position.
The role has become available thanks to an internal re-org which saw the previous Head of Client Services moving up to own our full customer acquisition funnel, from marketing through to client performance.
Taking ownership of an enviable client portfolio, including household names and global enterprise brands, you’ll be responsible for driving the standards of excellence that form the bedrock of our offering, ensuring client satisfaction, retention, and growth.
Far from being happy with the status quo, you will relentlessly improve and expand our existing ways of working, build on our excellent client retention rates, and maximise all areas of opportunity across our client base, resulting in a demonstrable impact on our bottom line.
Mentorship and team management will be a core part of your role; we are looking for someone with the skills and experience to coach and empower others to develop their careers at Builtvisible, both within the Client Services team and throughout the wider agency.
Fundamentally, you will ensure the experience our clients have with Builtvisible is perfect, and that we always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Lead the Client Services team to deliver inspiring organic digital marketing solutions, exceed client objectives and drive profitable client relationships across our entire existing client portfolio.
- Line manage Account Directors and support them as they manage the wider team.
- Run the P&L for the CS team, taking responsibility for hiring, resourcing, and decision-making in line with business objectives.
- Ensure we are working as effectively as possible through internal process development and appropriate activity is developed and implemented according to Builtvisible quality standards.
- Orchestrate the team’s marketing output, hitting the cadence and quality targets defined by the Marketing Manager. Own client advocacy and work closely with the Marketing Manager on the development of marketing materials such as case studies, award entries, and testimonials.
- Support our Head of Customer Acquisition with new business as required and work closely together on the development and execution of new client onboarding processes, ensuring all clients receive the Builtvisible meaningful agency experience from day one.
- Work closely with the SEO, Content Strategy, Creative, Data, and Digital PR teams to ensure alignment across our full-service offering, and support product development and innovation across teams and clients as required.
- Own retention rates for our existing client business, and continue to improve these through effective relationship management and delivery of highly performant work.
- Embed Builtvisible as a strategic partner with our clients through the development of relationships with key stakeholders
- Lead the CS team in relationship management; build processes and mentor them to create long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Work with the Head of Products and Performance Director to ensure defined client strategies are being executed to specification and are having a demonstrative impact on our clients’ performance.
- Alongside our Head of Products, Resource Manager, Technical Director, and Performance Director improve our ability to service clients through the creation and roll-out of operational processes that ensure, quality and consistency, timely delivery, and clear value demonstration from our client work
- Spot early warning of issues, whether internal or external and work with the account team, Performance Director, and CCO to take remedial action
- Working closely with the CCO, Head of Finance and Head of Customer Acquisition, have financial ownership of our existing business; own forecasting processes, make recommendations and push through improvements to our existing business revenue generation, and always have in-depth understanding of financial status of our client accounts.
- Work with our Finance team to keep aged debt at agreed benchmarks, keep invoicing up to date, negotiate favourable contractual terms and maintain a healthy cash flow across our clients.
- Be responsible for existing business account/project profitability and maintaining agreed fee income in line with business targets.
- Improve the ability of the CS and product teams to identify and convert growth opportunities through mentoring and training. Directly support the team with cross and upsell opportunities as appropriate.
- Improve our ability to convert project work into retained services through input on operations, sales and marketing
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- A highly proactive approach to client and agency performance
- A confident written and verbal communicator, with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to present clearly and persuasively
- Strong commercial awareness, with the ability to confidently forecast financial performance
- Self-motivated and highly organised, with the ability to manage complex projects across multiple stakeholders
- An agency-spirited approach; a “we before me” mindset
- A good working knowledge of different capabilities and what they offer the client and customer, including; SEO, content marketing, web design & build, analytics, CRO, UX etc.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and growing strong client relationships with the ability to cross and up-sell; must be able to credibly discuss opportunities across Builtvisible’s entire product offering.
- Strong strategic understanding of multi-channel marketing and how Builtvisible fits into the wider marketing mix.
- Line management experience
Nice to have
• Paid media and ATL experience is beneficial but not essential.
What are we looking for?
This role would be perfect for an experienced Client Services Account Director looking to take the next step in their career.
We want to hire someone as passionate about managing and motivating others as they are about building client relationships and delivering organic digital marketing, someone with the ambition and drive to adapt, develop and evolve a truly world-beating team.
Builtvisible is one of the UK’s largest, most trusted specialist organic digital marketing agencies, and has grown consistently over the past 12 years through a value-led approach of doing the right things for the right reasons.
We believe organic is a specialism, not an afterthought, and have over 10 years experience of driving extraordinary growth for some of the world’s most exciting brands through technical SEO, content, digital PR, and data.
Fundamentally we are acutely aware that we are a people business. Understanding this simple fact informs everything we do, and is encapsulated by one simple idea:
We are here to deliver the most meaningful agency experience in the world.
Best-in-class agency services need best-in-class people, and we have a 12-year track record of hiring and developing not only incredible marketers but incredible human beings.
Whether you’re here for the long haul or as a stopover to your next stage, our aim is to help you achieve the goals you need to get further. How? Responsibility from the get-go, ideas that are taken seriously, and a team of passionate, focused individuals who champion you every step of the way.
Your career at Builtvisible is more than just a job. It’s access to a community built around the idea of creating opportunity and being a part of something bigger than ourselves.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits designed to support your health and financial wellbeing as well as your career & personal development:
Health and Wellness
- 25 days annual with bank holiday additional to annual leave entitlement.
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Vitality healthcare. (Annual health check, reduced gym membership, free coffee, cinema tickets, Amazon Prime, and much more)
- As part of our dedication to supporting the well-being of our staff, we provide access to the Core Collective, a group of clinical psychologists
- Regular bespoke webinars on wellbeing covering topics such as perfectionism, stress management, and imposter syndrome
- An enhanced Maternity and Paternity package.
- An accumulating anniversary cash bonus up to £1,000.
- A discretionary profit share bonus every year.
- Life goal loans
- 5% Pension match
- Travel loans
Career & personal progression
- Career Architect: a unique digital marketing progression framework to help you take ownership of your career at Builtvisible and beyond. Read more here
- Internal training syllabus
- Dedicated training budgets
Builtvisible is committed to creating a diverse environment, all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.